Accreditation, Diplomas and Certificates, Curriculum and Study Materials
The US Department of Education, by law, can neither praise, credit, discredit, nor accredit a non-secular institution of Higher Consciousness/Spiritual Education. Therefore, we offer the following list of points for consideration by individuals when choosing an institution in which to pursue their higher consciousness spiritual education:
– Size: We have metaphysically inclined ministers, teachers, counselors, authors, researchers, and coaches in over 120 countries.
– Success: We have more ordained metaphysical ministers than any metaphysical ministry in the world.
– Reputation: We have enjoyed an unblemished history of over half a century.
More information on accreditation here.
The International Metaphysical Ministry, which engages in private postsecondary, distance-learning religious education and is the parent body of the University of Metaphysics and the University of Sedona, has the full legal right to award diplomas and degrees to its graduates. The degrees are awarded in regard to professional ministerial work performed in relation to teachings, directly or indirectly associated with the information appearing within the ministry modules.
More information on accreditation here.
Graduates have the full legal right to use degree titles awarded in conjunction with the ministerial status conferred, as long as they maintain a good standing with the International Metaphysical Ministry. Information Regarding the International Metaphysical Ministry: (Download Here).
Metaphysical Degrees, Diplomas & Certificates
We offer degrees that are non-secular and theological in nature:
– Bachelor of Metaphysical Science, B.Msc. (includes a Seminary Practitioner Diploma and an Ordained Metaphysical Minister Certificate.
– Master of Metaphysical Science, M.Msc.
– Doctoral degrees: Click on UOM Metaphysical Doctoral Degrees and/or UOS Metaphysical Doctoral Degrees to see which metaphysical doctorate degree is best for you.
Each degree emphasizes bringing forth a person’s innate God-given potential for holistic life improvement.
Upon successful completion of the entirety of the Doctoral Degree Program, you will have been awarded the following degrees and diplomas.
Click on image to enlarge
Yes, watch the “Selecting Your Right-Fit Metaphysical Degree” webinar, which gives you a step-by-step process for choosing the doctoral degree specialty that best meets your needs and goals. It also gives you a great idea of available metaphysical career opportunities and shows you how our graduates are using their degrees.
Yes! When you graduate with a bachelor’s degree, you also receive an International Metaphysical Ministry University Seminary Practitioner Diploma and Ordained Metaphysical Minister Diploma. This means you can legally marry individuals in accordance with the laws in your area.
For more information on the Ordained Minister’s Program, watch: A University Student’s Journey: Enrollment through the Bachelor of Metaphysical Science Degree
No, bachelor’s and master’s degrees are only awarded through the University of Metaphysics.
Yes, but not all degrees are offered at both schools. When choosing your degree, make certain that it is offered at the school in which you enroll.
Yes. In fact, you save money when you enroll for the doctoral program from the onset, rather than enrolling in one program at a time. However, you must satisfy the requirements for the bachelor’s degree before your master’s will be awarded, and you must satisfy the requirements of the master’s degree before your doctoral degree will be awarded.
Since we are a distance-learning university, you can earn your online metaphysical degrees at your own pace. There is no time limit for completing any of our programs. How soon you graduate depends on how much time you devote to studying and/or writing each week, which ultimately depends on how much time is available to you. Some of our students are working full time, while others are retired, so your schedule is what dictates how long it will take you to complete the program.
However, we suggest you study at least one module a week, and no more than two per week. This pace keeps the energy flowing at a consistent basis and gives your mind a chance to thoroughly absorb the information, as well as have time to put it into practice.
Some students set up a study schedule to complete the program in one year.
– To accomplish this, students typically schedule two modules per week, taking about six months to complete the ministers/bachelor’s requirements.
– The next three months are devoted to study for the master’s degree exam and for the research and writing of the master’s degree thesis.
– The last three months are devoted to the doctoral dissertation, dividing the time as best suits individual needs.
Other students plan a schedule that completes the program in two years by dropping down to one module a week with the ministers/bachelor’s program and doubling the time allotted for the master’s modules, the thesis, and the dissertation preparation and writing.
Current students can change their degree specialty using this here: Degree Specialty Change Form
Yes, you can, once you have completed your initial doctoral degree program. There are two ways to earn an additional metaphysical doctorate degree:
1. You can register for an additional regular metaphysical doctoral degree from either of our lists, UOM Metaphysical Doctoral Degrees or UOS Metaphysical Doctoral Degrees. Earning this additional degree entails submitting an additional dissertation. The fee is $430 if you prepay or $490 if you arrange a payment plan.
2. You can also register for Continuing Education programs in theocentric psychology and relationship dynamics, which are excellent adjuncts to any spiritual counseling degree. Please visit Postgraduate Continuing Education for fees and requirements.
– Bachelor’s Degree: when you have passed your open-book bachelor’s exams, tuition is one-third paid for the Doctoral Degree Program or fully paid for the Bachelor’s Degree Only Program, and your International Metaphysical Ministry (IMM) Affiliation is current.
For tips on completing the Bachelor’s Degree Exam and IMM Affiliation, watch: A University Student’s Journey: Enrollment through the Bachelors of Metaphysical Science Degree.
– Master’s Degree: when you have passed your open-book master’s exams and thesis, tuition is two-thirds paid, and your IMM Affiliation is current.
– Doctoral Degree: when you have passed your dissertation, tuition is paid in full, and your IMM Affiliation is current. Note: Continuing Education programs include additional course work to be completed and reviewed before your degree is awarded.
Coursework, Curriculum & Study Materials for Each Degree
Our life-improving, consciousness-expanding coursework, written by Dr. Paul Leon Masters, includes a synthesis of holistic, metaphysical, transcendent, esoteric, transpersonal, psychical, psychological, yogic, and mystical lessons masterfully blended together. The coursework can be applied in practical ways to improve individual lives, society, and humanity.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Metaphysical Science, B.Msc., is awarded through the University of Metaphysics and includes the Ordained Minister’s Program. This segment consists of 48 modules with a pass/fail grading system. Along with obtaining your Bachelor’s Degree in Metaphysical Science through the University of Metaphysics, you also earn your Ordained Metaphysical Minister Certificate and Practitioner’s Diploma.
For more information on the Bachelor’s Degree Program and Ordained Minister’s Program, watch: A University Student’s Journey: Enrollment through the Bachelor of Metaphysical.
The Master in Metaphysical Science, M.Msc., is awarded through the University of Metaphysics. This segment consists of 18 modules with a pass/fail grading system and also requires the submission of a thesis with a minimum of 6,000 words. Your topic must relate to at least one of the subjects covered in either the bachelor’s or master’s degree modules. You should submit your open-book bachelor’s exams before starting the master’s program.
The doctoral degree program requires the submission of a dissertation with a minimum of 10,000 words to a maximum of 25,000 words. The topic must be in alignment with your selected doctoral degree specialty. Your doctoral degree can be earned through either the University of Metaphysics or the University of Sedona. You should pass both the bachelor’s and master’s programs before embarking on the doctoral program.
You will receive all study materials as electronic downloads and have the option to receive a hard copy by mail for an additional fee. All study modules:
– Have large, easy-to-read fonts.
– Have a table of contents and headlines for quicker reference and review.
– Use highlighted boxes emphasizing key ideas in each section when appropriate.
List of Study Materials:
- Study Guide
- Bachelor’s /Minister Degree Course Study Modules: Volume I, Lessons: 1-12
- Bachelor’s /Minister Degree Course Study Modules: Volume II, Lessons: 13-24
- Bachelor’s/Minister Degree Course Study Modules: Volume III, Lessons: 25-36
- Bachelor’s /Minister Degree Course Study Modules: Volume IV, Lessons: 37-48
- Bachelor’s /Minister Degree Course Study Exams
- Master’s Degree Course Study Modules
- Master’s Degree Course Study Level Modules
- Master’s Degree Course Study Exams
- Bonus Meditation Dynamics Course
- Rites for The Metaphysical Ministry
- About the International Metaphysical Ministry (IMM)
- Academic Integrity Guidelines
- It is Time to Write your Thesis
- Master’s Thesis Handbook/Guidelines
- Doctoral Dissertation Handbook/Guidelines
- Recommended Reading List
- Doctoral Degree Descriptions
Can I see examples of the Curriculum?
Excerpts from Bachelor’s and Master’s
Level Curriculum Modules
The following sample pages are drawn randomly from various bachelor’s and master’s level curriculum modules. They are excerpts and do not reflect a complete module.
All students receive them at no extra charge as downloadable PDF files. However, you may also receive hard copies for an additional charge to have them shipped by U.S. Postal Mail.
For students residing in the United States who want to receive the study materials in hard-copy format, there is an additional shipping and handling charge of $150.
For students residing outside of the United States who want to receive the study materials in hard-copy format, there is an additional shipping and handling charge of $200.
You will receive all your study materials in one email or shipment if you elect to have them mailed to you.
Yes, you will need to demonstrate proficiency in the subject matter you have selected to study. Should you not meet our proficiency levels, you are allowed to take our open-book exams as many times as necessary to reach proficiency.
In addition to open-book exams, the master’s course requires you to write a thesis, which is graded on a pass/fail system with the opportunity to rewrite portions of your paper if you don’t pass the first time around.
Although obtaining a doctorate degree doesn’t require exams, you will need to submit a dissertation. Grading is on a pass/fail system with the opportunity to rewrite portions of your paper if you don’t pass the first time around.
We recommend submitting all works electronically. Although you may submit your exams by postal mail, your thesis and dissertation must be submitted electronically, so we can run them through our plagiarism checker.
No. Everything you need to complete the bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, and doctoral degree is contained within your study materials, except for any research materials you choose for your thesis and doctoral dissertation.
Yes, we have many wonderful tools to help students write their research papers. They include:
– Thesis/dissertation webinars that cover the entire process of writing a research paper.
– IMM Virtual Writing Assistant and Thesis/Dissertation Tip Page in the Online Center, offering information on writing a statement of purpose, paraphrasing, easy ways to do in-text citations, how to avoid accidental plagiarism, proofreading tips, how to avoid commonly made mistakes, and much more.
– Preformatted thesis and dissertation templates.
– Thesis and dissertation handbooks with complete guidelines for writing your paper.
– Sample theses and dissertations in the Online Center.
– Extensive recommended reading list categorized by subject, which includes links for obtaining free and discounted books.
– Access to an assigned thesis or dissertation advisor.
Learn how writing your research paper can change your life by watching this session, based on feedback from University students, who passionately shared their thesis or dissertation experiences, telling us it positively changed their lives. This presentation originally aired at the 2019 Convention and Graduation. Go to presentation here.
Yes, you will have access to:
– Dr. Masters’ Daily Improve Your Life Audio Message.
– Dr. Masters’ Weekly Video Broadcast.
– Dr. Masters’ Mystical Insights.
– Dr. Masters’ Voice of Meditation recordings.
– Weekly Newsletters.
– Weekly Prayer Treatment.
– Webinars on a variety of subjects including: meditation studies, the Divine Feminine, mysticism studies, spiritual development, and much more.
– Previous broadcasts are also available in DVD and CD formats.
You have the option to take as long as you need, just as you have the option to accelerate your studies. You can opt to take a sabbatical at any time, just as you can opt to stop after finishing at a degree and continue on at a later time. It is entirely up to you. We just ask that you keep your International Metaphysical Ministry (IMM) Affiliation with us current.